Friday, March 30, 2007

Funding has been made possible by...

Some great news! Just as I was beginning to feel a little bit down on myself and my photography, I received a letter from the Puffin Foundation, awarding me a grant to continue, and to prepare an exhibition of a long-term documentary project that I've been working on entitled "Between the Ideal and the Real". When I saw the paper-thin envelope, I prepared myself for the inevitable "We received many worthy applications this year, but..." I couldn't quite believe my eyes when I opened it up and a check fell out. It's quite the ego-boost, and I'll try not to let it go to my head too much. But after a long day of photo-assisting which mostly entailed: 1) me driving a van around Manhattan, desperately looking for someplace to park, and 2) me somehow accidentally giving myself paper cuts and bleeding all over everything towards the end of the day, this was just what I needed to raise my spirits. A huge thank you to the Puffin Foundation for taking an interest in my project and finding it worthy of funding. I am extremely grateful.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lane Collins said...

Congratulations! That's excellent news. I'm glad you'll be able to continue with renewed confidence.

7:00 PM  
Blogger Aaron M. Cohen said...

thanks lane! I just checked out your website tonight--beautiful pictures. keep up the great work!

9:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home