Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Two friends, and two exhibits at the U.N.



Last Wednesday, I went to the United Nations for the opening of a photography exhibit called "Enduring Fear," in conjunction with International Mine Awareness Day, and also to see James Nachtwey's amazing exhibition, "A World Free of TB." Surely enough, I ran into Christoph Bangert and Chiho Kitajima, two old friends I hadn't seen in a while. I had brought my camera along, hoping to take a picture or two to update the blog with, and they were kind enough to volunteer to help out with that! I wrote about Christoph's first book, Travel Notes, in an earlier post. He's now working hard putting together a second book on Iraq. Two books in one year. Bit of an overachiever, that one.

Last week was quite the week for documentary photography--the following night, Josef Koudelka gave a presentation and signed books at Aperture Gallery. More about that soon.

1 Comments:

Blogger Dupa Jasia said...

At last came insulin a more valuable parcel than all the rest.. We have fully recognized the role which Scherner ascribes to fioricet the dream phantasy, and even his interpretation; but we have been obliged, so to speak, to conduct them to another department in the problem.. Finding myself often in his vacant seat at these times, I watched the proceedings with a good deal of promethazine care; and once was so much excited that I delivered my somewhat celebrated speech on the Central School District question, a speech of which the State of Maine printed some extra copies...

5:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home