Thursday, July 26, 2007

Union Square


A couple of nights ago, I decided to try "shooting from the hip," in an effort to break free of my usual way of seeing things, and do something different for a change. Taking pictures without looking through the viewfinder is actually really liberating. I don't think I'll be doing it often, but it was a great way to shake some of the habits and mannerisms that I've developed, and just enjoy taking pictures, without having any clue what I was photographing until I saw the pictures afterwards.

Speaking of street photography, "absurd" and "draconian" are just two of the very apt adjectives being used to describe a proposed change to NYC regulations regarding filming and photographing in public. You can learn more about it, and sign the online petition here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home